If you are interested to find out who invented peanut butter and when, read our article. Peanut butter is one of the most popular food products. It is consumed worldwide. It is used for various dishes, desserts and we use it as a spread for toast. North America is probably the country where peanut butter is one of the most popular food products. However, other cuisines also use peanut butter for various recipes.
Peanut butter is made of roasted peanuts. They are turned into past and then some amount of hydrogenated vegetable oil is added. Dextrose and salt are added later. Some flavors can also be added to this mix.
There are several types of peanut butter: smooth, crunchy and creamy. Organic peanut butter has no oil added. It is a high quality product because it contains no preservatives and flavors. This peanut butter has salt added, but that’s all.
Who Invented Peanut Butter and When?
– We still don’t know for sure, but there are several theories about who invented peanut butter. This food product is very old. It dates back to 900 BC. Incas used peanut butter in their diet, so as Indians and Chinese people, too. However, their peanut butter was not actually butter, but rather looked like powder made of peanuts.
– Peanuts have become very popular when the Spanish and British brought it to Europe from other continents. The first peanuts plantation in the United States was founded in Carolina, in 1818.
– Theories about who invented peanut butter first are numerous. Some experts believe that Rose Davis made it first, in 1840. She made it for her son, who saw similar stuff in Cuba.
– Another theory says that the first peanut butter was made in 1890. It was made by a doctor who had to take care of old and sick people. He wanted to make a soft, nutritious and healthy spread. He came up with the idea to use peanuts.
– The first man to produce peanut butter commercially was George a Bayle. Many people consider Dr. George Washington an inventor of the peanut butter. However, this is not quite true. George Washington Carver studied the use of peanuts and he made a great contribution, but he wasn’t the one who invented peanut butter. He might have improved it, however.
As you can see, we still do not really know who invented peanut butter. We can only assume that this product is very old. However, we don’t even have to know the exact time of peanut butter invention. We can be quite happy to have such a great cream to use for all kinds of dishes.
Peanut butter goes great with all kinds of meat, salads, bread, pasta, cakes and biscuits. It is very nutritious, and it is considered healthy food. However, it contains a lot of calories, so if you are on a weight loss diet, you should be very careful with peanut butter. You can only have a very small amount of the spread!