What does it mean when you dream about someone? Dreams have always been mysterious for all of us. For ages, people have been trying to explain why we dream. There have also been theories about why we dream what we dream. Some of these theories were related to psychological researches and many of them had strong scientific grounds.
However, there were other ‘theories’ that could not be called ‘theories’, but rather ‘guessing’. You can hear one of those from anyone – your grandmother, friend, fortune-teller…anyone! How true are they, anyway? Can anyone just tell you why you dream about someone? Not really, but we can try telling you more about this entire issue.
Why Do We Dream?
• According to some theories, our dreams are closely related to our subconscious mind. Actually, our dreams are derived from our subconsciousness. In other words, if you are thinking about someone or something all the time, it is probable that you will dream about that person or thing. If you are under a lot of pressure or you are going through a rough period of your live, that can result in vivid dreams that are closely related to your reality.
• On the other hand, there are different theories. According to those, dreams have very little to do with our mind, but they have a lot to do with the environment we sleep in. For example, if you are sleeping in the room where there is not enough air, or it is too hot – this will affect your dreams. Now, all these theories make sense, but we still do not know for sure why we dream.
Why Do We Dream about Someone?
• The answer is not very simple, but we probably dream about someone if he/ she is constantly present in our thoughts. For example, if we are in love with someone and we are thinking of him/ her all the time, we will probably dream about that person.
• If you dream about someone you know, but you don’t have any special feelings for that person, this can happen for several reasons. Perhaps you have had a strong experience that is somehow related to this person. Sometimes we experience traumatic situations, and we memorize not only the situation itself, but also the people involved.
• If you dream about someone, this is probably because of something that the person reminds you of. If you have been thinking about something (or some situation) lately, perhaps you will dream about someone who reminds you of that situation.
• Sometimes you don’t even know why you dream about someone, but this has to do with your subconscious mind, and we are not always able to understand it.
What Does It Mean When You Dream about Someone?
• As we said, in most of the cases, this means that you have probably been thinking about that person. Another possible explanation is that the person simply reminds you of something that is in your thoughts. Dreams can indicate stress or bad feelings, too. Traumas and bad situations can lead to vivid and frightening dreams. What does it mean when you dream about people who died? This can mean that you miss the person who is no longer with you. This can also mean that your grieving period is not finished yet and you need some time to accept the loss.
• Some people believe that there is a different meaning hidden behind these dreams. They even claim that the dead people can actually communicate with us through our dreams. This is something that no one can prove, no matter how true it appears to be in some cases. However, the most important thing is not to be afraid of your own dreams. Keep in mind that, no matter how vivid or logical they appear to be – these are only dreams and they are not real. You should never let your dreams affect your reality. You can enjoy them if they are beautiful, or you can just wake up and start your day without analyzing your dreams too much.