If you want to learn how to stop hiccups fast, read our article. Hiccups can be very annoying, especially if they occur in the middle of a special event, while you are talking to someone important, or you are trying to sound serious. Hiccups usually do not last for a long time. There are numerous remedies for hiccups, but each of us will react differently. We will mention some of the most common remedies for getting rid of hiccups.
How to Stop Hiccups
– Have a glass of water. Drink the entire glass of water at once, without having a break to take breath.
– Try holding your breath for a while. When you feel that a hiccup is coming, try swallowing some air.
– Have a sugar cube. However, if you are suffering from diabetes, you must not try this remedy!
– Press your eyeballs and hold them for several seconds.
– Place a cold compress onto your diaphragm.
– Do you know that lemons are great remedies for hiccups? Take a glass of water and add some lemon juice to it. Drink this all at once and hiccups will probably stop.
– Take a deep breath and exhale. Repeat this for several times.
– Now, what can you do in case you need to stop hiccups right away? For example, if you are in the middle of an important meeting or other special occasion, and you are expected to say something, it will be rather embarrassing to have hiccups. One of the most interesting methods is the ‘tongue method’. You should stick your tongue out and press it with two fingers. One finger has to be placed under your tongue, and the other one has to be on the upper side. Pull your tongue, but be gentle, otherwise, you can hurt yourself! Keep the tongue in this position for some thirty seconds and that should be it! You will probably stop hiccups and return to your meeting.
– If your baby is having hiccups, you should not be too worried. It is normal that babies have hiccups. Frequent hiccups in babies are caused by the fact that their system isn’t completely developed, so you should not worry too much. Try staying calm and comforting your baby. If you get nervous every time your baby gets hiccups, you will only make things worse.
– Your baby must burp after every meal. This will reduce the chance of getting hiccups.
– Keep in mind that you cannot use the methods you normally use for adults. Babies are much different from the adults, so do not try any of the common methods for getting rid of hiccups!
– Perhaps you have heard of the popular method of scaring the person who is having hiccups. Well, don’t you ever try this with your baby! Never try scaring him/her to stop hiccups. You will not make the hiccups go away by using this method, but you will frustrate your baby, so don’t do it!