If you don’t know how to get rid of water weight fast, you may find this article useful. Many of us occasionally have this problem. We are talking about that annoying feeling of being heavy. Women often feel this way during the PMS, but many of us experience this problem, regardless of age or gender.
Sometimes we exercise real hard, follow strict diet regime, we avoid salt as much as we can, but still can’t get rid of water retention. Water retention can be caused by several factors. We will try to explain how this happens. We will mention some simple things you can do to get rid of water weight.
How to Get Rid of Water Weight
There are several things that can trigger water retention.
– Problems with hormonal imbalance (related to menopause or any other health issue), can lead to water retention.
– Menstrual irregularities can also be some of the causes.
– Some liver and/or kidney diseases can result in water retention.
– Your diet plays a role here, too. If you consume too mach salt, this can lead to water retention, too.
What can you do to get rid of water weight naturally?
• You can start doing exercises. Exercising will help you improve your overall health and your physical appearance as well. It will improve the blood circulation and metabolism, along with other processes in the body. You will also eliminate toxins out of your body. Of course, if you have ever had any heart-related problems, you should talk to your doctor about the right type of exercises.
• Your diet is extremely important! Some foods can lead to water retention. All foods that are high in salt, sodium and sugar can result in this problem. Junk foods and processed foods will only make things worse. Try eating fresh and healthy foods, and try cutting down the salt. We are not saying you should completely eliminate salt from your diet. You should just reduce the amount of salt. It will be wise to talk to your nutritionist about this.
• You have to prevent your body from getting dehydrated. Dehydration is one of the major causes of water retention. It may sound strange, but it absolutely makes sense. Think about it. If your body doesn’t get enough water, it will try to keep all the water it has. And that is exactly what we call ‘water retention’.
• Forget about your bad habits! Try to get some quality sleep. Avoid having meals before going to bed. You’ll feel much better when you stop eating late at night, and you will certainly look better!
• Green tea is a great home remedy for water retention. It contains antioxidants and it is known as a metabolism booster.
• If you simply cannot get rid of water weight, perhaps you should talk to your doctor. Do not use any diuretics. Although there are various over-the-counter products designed to help you lose water weight, you should not use any of these without talking to your doctor first.