If you want to learn how to get rid of stuffy nose fast, read our article. Stuffy nose can be very annoying. Winter and cold air cause dry cough and stuffy nose in many people. These aren’t the worst thing that can happen to you, but they are certainly annoying. Stuffy nose is especially irritating and you may feel like you can’t breathe normally. Sometimes it is so bad that it can make you totally unable to concentrate on other things. It is hard to breathe with stuffy nose and you need to wipe it again and again. The stuffiness will go away eventually, but it is always better to do something about it and make it go away fast.
Simple Steps to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
• Stuffy nose causes breathing problems; it can interrupt your sleep and it can cause a feeling of heaviness in your head. We will tell you how to get rid of it.
• The quickest remedy for stuffy nose is the use of anti-allergy medicines. These medicines do not cure stuffiness completely but they can provide some comfort and relief. Medicine like ibuprofen can be used as an effective remedy. However, before taking any medication, you must consult your doctor or your pharmacist.
• Do breathing exercises and other physical exercises as much as you can. It improves the respiratory system of your body, helps in breathing and cleaning the blockage in your nasal vessels.
• Wipe your nose gently. That way, your nose will not get irritated. That is the last thing you need – to irritate it more.
• Avoid smoking. If you have bad cough or stuffy nose, do not smoke! It will only make the whole thing worse. Smoking can cause swelling of the sinus membrane. Therefore, it is better to avoid smoking if you really want to get rid of stuffy nose as soon as possible.
• There are many home remedies that seem to be quite effective in treating stuffy nose. Hot steam inhaling sessions will help a lot in unclogging the stuffy nose. Steam from steamer, boiled water and shower or even from a hot cup of soup (or tea) can be equally beneficial. Drinking fluids like tea, water and light juices helps in getting rid of the stuffy nose. Avoid caffeine beverages as much as you can. Warm honey is also considered a marvelous home remedy for nose stuffiness. Add some black pepper in warm honey and take a spoon of this mixture twice a day.
• Yoga and breathing sessions are considered great remedies for stuffed nose. Inhalation, hot drinks, using saline nose sprays and avoiding things like smoke, dust and “heavy” fragrances are all recommended. If you try any of these remedies, you will be able to get rid of stuffy nose in very short time.