If you want to learn how to get rid of razor bumps fast, you may find our article useful. Razor bumps can be caused by several things such irritation of skin after shaving, use of sharp razor or incorrect use of razor. Razor bumps not only cause skin rashes, itching and red patches on the skin, but they can also be painful and sometimes cause swelling of the irritated skin areas. Some simple steps can help you avoid razor bumps.
How to Get Rid of Razor Bumps
• If your skin is sensitive and you have problems with razor bumps, the best solution is trying not to shave every day.
• Instead of using a razor, use alternative methods like electric shaving machine or beard trimmer. If you keep on using the same razor daily, it will cause more irritation and itching.
• Try softening your hairs with warm water before shaving. It will make shaving easy, and without razor bumps. You can also do this with a cloth by soaking it in the warm water and then rubbing that cloth across your face for 4 – 5 minutes to soften your hair. This will also give a better shave.
• Always use new and sterilized blades and razor in order to avoid infections and irritations. Other way to avoid razor bump is to use good quality foam. Apply the foam for 2 – 3 minutes on the face. Always shave in the same direction. Do not shave the area more than twice as it will surely cause razor bumps.
• If there is any red mark or razor bump, wash that area with warm water and clean it with mild liquid soap.
• Now take a tablet of aspirin and crush it to make powder and add some warm water to the crushed aspirin to make a smooth paste. Apply the aspirin paste with a piece of cotton on the razor bump and let it dry for some time.
• Now apply any soothing lotion or vitamin E oil or any other gel that contains Aloe Vera. It will help you clean the skin.
• Never rub and scratch your razor bumps, as it will cause more infection and pain. You can also apply any after-shave or any antiseptic wash after shaving. It will reduce the itching and kill bacteria if there are any.
• Use tea tree oil or any other soothing cream or moisturizing lotion. Some of these moisturizes are designed especially for treating the razor bumps and skin irritation.
• If you have extra-sensitive skin, you can go to your dermatologist and ask for some advice. People who have very sensitive skin must be careful when using any cream or lotion. Your dermatologist will tell you how to treat irritated skin and avoid razor bumps.