Here are some tips on how to get rid of greasy hair fast. First, you have to find out the cause. Why does this happen? There are many reasons for this, like using the wrong shampoo, hard water, damaged hair, sebaceous glands hyperactivity etc. Now, the most common cause is certainly related to sebaceous glands. Let us see what you can do to get rid of greasy hair.
How to Get Rid of Greasy Hair
• If you don’t have time, (you are going out and need to fix this problem quickly) you can use some powder. Your hair must be dry before applying the powder. Rub some powder onto the scalp, but don’t use too much! If you put too much, it will leave white spots on your hair, so you will have to wash it. Wait for a while and then brush your hair to remove the powder.
• If your hair gets greasy very fast, you still do not have to wash it every day. Use dry powdered shampoos. You can visit your dermatologist and ask for some advice on which shampoo to use. You must buy the right hair care product designed for your hair type. Dry powdered shampoos are a great solution whenever you can’t take a shower.
• You can use hand tissues. They are wet and contain some alcohol, which will help you clean your scalp easy.
• Your diet is very important in solving the greasy hair problem. If you eat fatty foods (especially fast food), you will have more problems – not only with your hair, but with your skin as well. To prevent this, eat some healthy food, like fruits and vegetables. Lean meat and low-fat products will be a good choice.
• Drink water! It is important to hydrate your body regularly. This helps in maintaining a good quality of skin and hair.
• You can use shampoos that are made for people with greasy hair. Make sure to read the label. You must know the right way to use these products, if you want them to work. Consult your dermatologist about it.
• Styling gels can cause this problem or make it worse, so you should avoid using these. If your hair is already damaged and dried out, this can lead to greasy scalp. Try some remedies for damaged hair and see how they work. There are some great home remedies for greasy hair, like Aloe Vera, Eucalyptus, Jojoba, Rosemary and honey.
• If your hair is long, you can collect it and camouflage the grease. If you have short hair, you can use any of the tricks mentioned above. If you treat (or have treated) your hair with any chemical, or you have dyed your hair (and damaged it), you should stop using these for a while. Let your hair “breathe”. Excessive use of chemicals can affect your scalp and hair. This can also result in dandruff, which is another common hair problem. We hope this was helpful! If you have any experience with hair problems, feel free to share it!