If you want to know how to get rid of genital warts fast, you may find this article useful. Genital warts are caused by HPV (human papilloma virus). There are several types of HPV, but two types of HPV usually lead to genital warts – type 11 and type 6. Genital warts are seen in both men and women.
What Are Genital Warts?
● In men, genital warts usually appear around the scrotum, penis, anus and urethra. In women, they usually occur in vaginal area and anus. Sometimes, genital warts are not easy to see, so people may be unaware they actually have genital warts. This can be dangerous, because genital warts can spread easily, and if you don’t know you have them, you may infect someone else, too.
● This is a sexually transmitted disease and it is very important to know more about it. You need to know how to prevent genital warts. If you already have this condition, it is important to react in time and remove them. In this case, you are responsible for your partner’s health, too.
Genital Warts – the Causes
● As we said, genital warts are caused by HPV. This virus can spread easily, especially if you have unprotected sex. Having many sexual partners (or having sex with a person who has many sexual partners) can put you at risk of getting this infection. In fact, if your sexual behavior is risky, you can get other sexually transmitted diseases, some of which are extremely dangerous. If your immune system is weak, you will be at even higher risk of getting HPV. Remember, the virus will remain in your body, but it will only activate occasionally. In other words, when your immunity gets weaker, genital warts are likely to appear on your skin.
What Are the Most Common Symptoms?
● In most cases, genital warts produce no symptoms. However, women who have genital warts can have vaginal discharge or bleeding after having sexual intercourse. Itching sensation is also one of the possible symptoms. However, these symptoms are seen in other conditions as well, so you cannot be sure until you visit your doctor.
How to Get Rid of Genital Warts
If you have genital warts, your doctor will give you certain medications to use. The treatment will depend on several things. First, it will depend on:
● The location of genital warts
● How they look like
● Their number
Your doctor will remove the warts, but it is important to know that they may occur again. This happens because the virus remains inside your body, and it can activate once your immunity gets weaker.
Here are several methods of removing genital warts:
● Cryptotherapy is one of the most popular treatment methods. The warts will be frozen using liquid nitrogen.
● Creams and liquids are also used in treating genital warts. These are applied directly onto the affected skin.
● Surgery is another option, but this method is used when all other options fail.
● Laser treatment can be very effective in some cases.