If you want to know how to get rid of constipation fast, read our article. Constipation is commonly seen in adults. However, it seems to be more common in women and older people. Older people have more chances to experience this problem because of other conditions and low mobility. Poor diet is also one of the causes. If you are trying to lose some weight, and you have reduced your meals, this can lead to constipation. If you are dehydrated, it can result in constipation. That is why Constipation is usually harmless. Any changes in your diet can cause temporary constipation. You can get rid of constipation if you change your diet and increase your physical activities. If you experience constipation along with pain in the abdomen, fever and blood in your stool, that is when you should visit your doctor and start some treatment. These symptoms can indicate other health problems, so they shouldn’t be ignored. Otherwise, constipation will probably go away spontaneously. If constipation lasts for several days, you should visit your doctor.
How to Get Rid of Constipation
– Your diet is very important! Include more fiber in your diet and see what happens. This should help you get rid of constipation. Dietary fiber can be found in form of supplements. You can mix them with water or you can buy dietary fiber pills. However, you should not take any of these supplements without talking to your doctor.
– Some laxatives can be useful, but keep in mind that you must not use them without your doctor’s knowledge.
– Stool softeners can also be helpful. These can provide some relief immediately, but you should not rely on these products in the long run. Long lasting constipation must be reported to your doctor. You should find the cause before you start any treatment.
– Increase your physical activities. You can start walking, jogging, swimming or exercising at home. This will help your body work better and it will improve your digestion, too.
– You should drink plenty of water. Natural juices are also a good choice.
– Hot tea, coffee and other hot drinks are also good home remedies for constipation.
– Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. You can start consuming foods that are rich in fiber.
– You should not use any stool softeners or laxatives without your doctor’s knowledge. Some laxative can cause addiction, so if you stop using them, you will start having problems with constipation again. Extended use of some laxatives can also cause constipation.
– Perhaps you have made some changes to your diet? If you have stopped consuming certain types of food, in order to lose weight, this could cause constipation.
– You should have regular meals. If you skip meals, this can disturb digestion and result in constipation.
This was all about getting rid of constipation. We hope this was helpful! However, if you continue having problems with constipation, you should visit your doctor.