Here is some useful advice on how to cook cabbage in crock-pot. Cabbage is easy to prepare and it is very healthy. That is why you should include it in you diet and learn how to prepare it in various ways. You can cook cabbage and combine it with other vegetables or consume it with meat. Cabbage is rich in vitamin E, A and C. It also contains a lot of magnesium and iron. You can find cabbage in nearly every store. It doesn’t take a lot of skill or time to prepare it.
How to Cook Cabbage in Crock Pot
• Cooking cabbage in crock-pot is actually very simple. Here is what you have to do. First, you need some cabbage, of course. You will also need some carrots, onions, and some meat. Now, you can use any meat you like, but beef is great to use for this dish. You can add as much as you like. Use some mustard and brown sugar.
• Cut the carrots and other ingredients into pieces.
• Now take a big crock-pot and put the chopped onions and carrots into the crock-pot. Add the meat and then mix the brown sugar with some water. Add this mixture to other ingredients and then you can cover the crock-pot. Cook these ingredients for 10 minutes and then take the meat out. Continue to cook vegetables for at least half an hour. Cut the meat into thin pieces and put it back into the crock-pot with other ingredients. If you like potatoes, you can add them, too. Actually, you can add any vegetables.
• Make sure that all the ingredients are well cooked. Serve the cabbage with mustard.
More about Cabbage
• There are more ways to prepare cabbage. You can also use fresh cabbage for preparing salads. They are great to consume with all kinds of meat. Cabbage is also a great decoration, especially red cabbage. Raw cabbage is very healthy. In fact, cooking will take away some of the nutrition. Try to consume raw cabbage regularly.
• Cabbage should be stored in the refrigerator. Do not keep it in warm places. You should not store cabbage for a long time. When you buy some cabbage, it will be best to use it right away. Do not cut the cabbage until you are ready to cook it.
Those were some tips on preparing and storing cabbage. If you have more ideas, feel free to share them.