Here you can read about Flomax side effects in men. Flomax is a medication used in treating enlarged prostate. Prostate is an exocrine gland found in the reproductive system of most mammals. It is an important gland, but sometimes it can cause serious problems. One of such problems is prostate cancer, which is considered a very dangerous condition. It mostly affects older men, and in some cases, it can lead to death. If you are over 40, you should go for regular PSA (prostate specific antigen) checks. If detected in time, prostate cancer can be treated successfully.
Another common prostate problem is called BPH – benign prostatic hyperplasia. This condition is seen in older men. The prostate becomes larger than normal and sometimes, it gets so large that urination is almost impossible. If it gets too large, it can lead to problems with urine flow, causing pain and difficulty urinating.
Prostate problems can be solved if diagnosed in time. That is why it is very important to check your health regularly. Flomax is one of the medications used for treating enlarged prostate.
Flomax can improve the urine flow and it can relieve the symptoms of enlarged prostate. Flomax is very effective, but it can also cause some side effects. Let us learn more about this medication and possible side effects.
Flomax Side Effects
• Flomax side effects can be severe or they can be mild, but severity of these side effects usually depends on a person’s age and other health-related factors.
• Some of the common side effects of Flomax include nausea, dizziness and fatigue.
• Flomax can lead to low blood pressure, so if you are using it, you should avoid operating machinery or driving. Any activity that requires quick reactions should be avoided if taking Flomax.
• Some patients have reported diarrhea, back pain, chest pain, insomnia, stuffy nose, coughing, vertigo, blurred vision and flu-like symptoms.
• Some men have experienced dental problems and decrease in the sex drive. These side effects are not very common, but they are possible.
Severe Side Effects of Flomax
• There can be some quite severe side effects in patients who use this medication. These side effects include abnormal ejaculation, retrograde ejaculation (a condition when ejaculate goes to the bladder instead of leaving the body), ejaculate can become whiter and thicker, and pain may occur during ejaculation. Long lasting erections are also possible.
Those were some common and less common side effects of Flomax. Some of them are severe, but fortunately, these side effects are rare.
Before you start using this medication, you must talk to your doctor. Your doctor must be familiar with your medical history. Flomax is given to patients after they have been thoroughly examined. Never take this medication on your own. Stick to the dose your doctor gave you and if you have any questions, contact your doctor or health care provider.
If you start having any of the side effects mentioned here, you must talk to your doctor as soon as possible.